We are pleased to welcome CSMA Club Approved Partner, The Co-operative Bank. Part of the UK's largest consumer co-operative, The Co-operative Bank believe in using ethical values to make a difference. The Co-operative Bank offer a range of services for CSMA Club members which include Current Account Plus, Smart Saver and Personal Loans.
Current Account Plus at a glance
- £50 cash back when you open an account
- Fee-free £200 overdraft facility
- Linked savings account
- No monthly subscription fees
- Cheque book and debit card
- Regular statements
- Standing order and Direct Debit facility
- Joint accounts available
- 24/7 UK call centre
- Access your Current Account Plus when it suits you, with secure, 24/7 online banking
- Use of Post Offices to withdraw and deposit cash
- Over 300 branches throughout the UK
- Free cash withdrawals in UK
- Only UK bank to have an Ethical Policy, as voted by their customers
- Minimum £800 a month deposit
Terms and conditions
1. The offer is for £50 cash back which will be credited to the customer’s Current Account Plus account in the 4th month of account opening, subject to all qualifying criteria being met.
2. Offer is available to CSMA Club members who open a Co-operative Bank Current Account Plus.
3. To qualify for the offer customers must :
Be a UK resident aged 18 years or over;
Open a Co-operative Bank Current Account Plus;
Use the dedicated switching service to complete a full switch, which must consist of a minimum of two Direct Debits and/or standing orders. The switching request must be received within 1 month (28 days) of the account opening date;
Credit a minimum of £800 per month into the account for 3 consecutive months from date of your completed switch.
5. Transfer of Direct Debits and/or Standing Orders must be from another provider (not a
Co-operative Bank or smile account).
6. Only one account is eligible for the offer per customer or joint account relationship.
7. The offer may be withdrawn at any time.
8. Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer.
9. £50 cash back will be credited to the customers Current Account Plus in the 4th month and after the qualifying criteria (detailed in point 3) has been met.
Smart Saver at a glance
Immediate access wherever you are
- Open an account for as little as £1 (maximum £1,000,000)
- Pays the same rate of interest on every penny in your account
- Interest accrues daily and is paid annually
- Money isn't the only thing that you'll be saving - The Co-operative Bank are the only UK high street bank with a customer-led Ethical Policy.
How do I take money out?
- At most UK cash machines*
- At most Post Office™ branches
- At Co-operative Bank branches throughout the UK
- Online transfer
- Electronic transfer by telephone
- Cheque by telephone banking
How do I pay money in?
- Online transfer
- Standing order
- Direct transfer from another Co-operative Bank account or another bank account
- At any Co-operative Bank and Britannia branch
- By sending a cheque through the post
- By cash and cheque at any Post Office™ branch.
The Co-operative Bank reserves the right to decline to accept any application and/or deposit. Minimum deposit £1 and Maximum deposit £1,000,000. The Co-operative Bank p.l.c, P.O. Box 101, 1 Balloon Street, Manchester M60 4EP. Registered in England and Wales no.990937
*Free cash withdrawals are available at all Cooperative Bank and most LINK cash machines (Using some cash machines in the UK and abroad may incur a small charge)
Loans at a glance
- A great low fixed rate of 5.8% APR‡ representative when borrowing between £7,500 and £14,950 over 1-5 years
- No arrangement fee
- Loans up to 7 years and for other amounts are available on request, apply online or contact our UK based dedicated customer service team on 0800 917 7066 to find out more
It's your money
You can be certain that the money you borrow from The Co-operative Bank has not come from the profits of unnecessary pollution, human rights abuses or any other activity which conflicts with their strict ethical policy.
To be eligible for a personal loan from the Co-operative Bank you must:
- Be aged between 23 - 69
- Be a UK resident
- Have a minimum gross annual income of £10,000
The Co-operative Bank accepts sole and joint applications. In the case of a joint application you must reside at the same address as your co-applicant.
‡ Representative Example :
£7,500 over 60 months at a fixed interest rate of 5.75% per annum would result in a representative APR of 5.8% APR, monthly repayments of £144.40 and a total amount payable of £8,664.11.
Credit facilities are provided by The Co-operative Bank and are subject to status and lending policy. The Bank reserves the right to decline any application or offer a loan at a rate that differs from those advertised. Loan applicants must be UK residents aged between 23 and 69, have a minimum annual income of £10,000 and either be a homeowner or hold a debit card, store card or credit card. Applicants who are existing Co-operative Bank current account customers and have held an account for 7 months or more must be aged between 18 and 69. The Co-operative Bank p.l.c, P.O. Box 101, 1 Balloon Street, Manchester M60 4EP. Registered in England and Wales no.990937
Opening your new account
Moving your account may not be the hassle you think it is. You can open both current and savings accounts online in minutes using The Co-operative Bank's 6-step application process.
Once your Current Account has been opened, you will receive a welcome pack, which will contain a switching form for you to complete. The Co-operative Bank's dedicated switching team will take care switching over your direct debits and standing orders.
Here are some more reasons why you should change to The Co-operative Bank today:
- A dedicated switching team can take the hassle out of switching to a Current Account Plus
- The Co-operative Bank has branches throughout the UK, and you can also use Britannia branches and Post Offices to withdraw cash and deposit cash or a cheque
- The Co-operative Bank is owned by The Co-operative Group, which is accountable only to its members - not shareholders or stock markets
- Only UK bank to have an Ethical Policy, as voted by their customers - "we believe as it's our customers' money, they should have a say in how we invest it"
- Current Account Plus with a minimum monthly credit of £800, comes with an automatic £200 fee-free overdraft and no subscription fee.
Current account applicant must be a UK resident aged 18 years or over.
The Co-operative Bank have a set of core values and principles, to give you added peace of mind when banking with them. These are as follows:
- We put our members and customers first in all we do
- We take personal and social responsibility
- Together we will create a great place to work, grow and develop
- We strive relentlessly to be faster, better, more successful
- We are open and fair and are committed to excellent communication
- We champion co-operative values and principles and ethics
- We are financially prudent and strong
- We share profits with members
- We only do business consistent with our values and principles
THE CO-OPERATIVE BANK IS NAMED BEST CURRENT ACCOUNT PROVIDER 2011
The Co-operative Bank has been named as the UK’s Best Current Account Provider by MoneySupermarket.com.
Its newly launched ‘Supers’ awards recognises The Co-operative Bank as a market leader in offering great value to current accounts to customers along with acknowledging the bank’s innovative products and first class customer service.
Speaking of the award, Robin Taylor, Head of Banking at The Co-operative Bank, said: “The news that we have been named as Best Current Account Provider by MoneySupermarket.com highlights our position as a genuine alternative for everyday banking. In the last year we have attracted a large number of customers from the big five banks which shows a real appetite to switch amongst account holders who are looking for better customer service and a responsible bank with a conscience.
“As a member-led bank we remain committed to supporting our 1.5 million current account customers in 2012. In addition to introducing 245 new places to bank with us on the high street last year, we’re now also giving our current account customers a helping hand after the expense of Christmas by completely removing interest charges on formal overdrafts until 4 April 2012.”
The Best Current Account Provider 2011 has been awarded to our Current Account, Current Account Plus, Privilege and Privilege Premier Accounts.