The majority of CSMA Club customers pay less than £200* for new buildings and contents insurance. And, don't forget to get a quote for adding home emergency cover.
Lines are open Mon-Fri 8am-9pm, Sat 8am-5pm and Sun 9am-5pm (for textphone first dial 18001). Telephone calls may be monitored and/or recorded
Please note: This page links to an external website. CSMA Club is not responsible for the content of third party websites.
Our terms of business can be found here.
* Based on new policy sales 1st September 2012 to 31st August 2013
ˆ When more than one discount is relevant, each is applied individually.
LV= Frizzell home insurance gives CSMA Club members:
- Up to 10% discount off LV= general public pricesˆ
- 15% discount if you already have car insurance with LV= Frizzell and take out buildings and contents insurance togetherˆ
- Exceptional cover - 5 Star Defaqto rating for the 6th year running
- £1 million cover for buildings as standard
- The ability to tailor the amount of contents cover you want up to £150,000
- 24-hour UK Claims line
- Repairs by LV= approved suppliers are guaranteed for 12 months
- Accidental damage for laptops, TVs and games consoles covered as standard
- Legal advice and identity fraud assistance helplines
If you would like to see a full breakdown of the home insurance benefits, take a look at the home insurance Policy Summary
You can also add these options to your cover:
- Extra accidental damage cover
- Legal expenses
- Cover for your personal possessions away from your home
- Cover for your pedal cycles away from your home
- Home emergency cover
LV= Frizzell offers different levels of cover so that you can choose the level of home insurance
cover to suit you.
LV= Frizzell can insure:
- your buildings and your contents
- just your buildings
- just your contents
- your belongings when you take them away from your home (with contents insurance)
If you would like to see a full breakdown of the home insurance benefits, take a look at the home insurance
This page gives you the information you need to know about LV= Frizzell home insurance.
Your Document of Home Insurance (PDF 687KB)
Home Insurance Policy Summary (PDF 158KB)
Important Information (PDF 57KB)
Can LV= Frizzell Insure You?
To get a home insurance quote, you will need to make sure that you and your home meet the following conditions:
Eligibility criteria at a glance
The property you wish to insure:
- is not a mobile home and has its own separate lockable front door
- is not empty or awaiting sale or derelict or undergoing structural work
- is in good condition and is built of brick, stone or concrete with a roof of slate, tile, asphalt, metal or concrete
- is not left unoccupied for more than 60 days in a row
- is your main domestic residence and is not a second property e.g. a holiday home
- has not suffered from structural movement, subsidence, landslip or heave
- is not used for any business purposes (an office at home with no callers is allowed)
- will not cost more than £1,000,000 to rebuild and its contents will not cost more than £150,000 to replace
- is not a listed building and has no more than 7 bedrooms
- is not within a block of flats unless you require contents only cover
- has not suffered from flooding and is not located in an area which is under either a flood warning or severe flood warning issued by the Environmental Agency
About the occupants:
- you or anyone residing with you have not had more than 2 claims in the last 36 months
- you or anyone residing with you have not been convicted of any non motoring criminal offence in the last 5 years
Do I get a discount on my home insurance as a CSMA Club member?
Yes, CSMA Club members get up to 10% discount compared to the LV= general public price for home insurance when calling for a quote.
What does my policy excess mean?
An excess is the amount you must pay as the first part of any claim.
How much do I need to insure my buildings and contents for?
For buildings insurance, LV= Frizzell offer a limit of cover of £1m. This is great peace of mind insurance cover as in most cases it takes away the risk of being under insured. You only pay for the home insurance cover you need and don't need to worry about providing us with an actual rebuilding value of your home. You only need to let LV= Frizzell know if the rebuilding cost of your home is more than this amount.
For contents insurance, you can select the cover you require, which means LV= Frizzell insure you for the actual amount of contents you have within your home. To work out the correct amount you should be insuring your contents for, think about how much it would cost to replace them all as new today, except for clothing and household linen where you can deduct an amount for wear and tear.
How do I cover any items I take away from the home?
You can add them to the personal possession section of your contents quote, which covers accidental loss or damage cover to any of your personal belongings (like jewellery items, cameras and golf clubs) anywhere in Europe and up to 60 days worldwide in any one period of insurance. LV= Frizzell’s minimum cover is £2,500, with no single item worth more than £1,500. If you have a single item worth more than this amount, it needs to be be specified on your policy, which can be done when you obtain a quote.
What does accidental damage cover give on buildings and contents insurance?
On buildings insurance LV= Frizzell automatically offer basic accidental damage cover for cables, underground pipes and drains, plus breakage of fixed glass, like windows, and sanitary fittings. You can also extend your cover to include accidental damage for all of your buildings, to cover accidents like putting your foot through the ceiling.
On contents insurance LV= Frizzell automatically offer basic accidental damage cover to home entertainment equipment, plus accidental breakage to mirrors and glass. You can also extend your cover to include accidental damage for other contents, to cover accidents like spilling a drink on a carpet.
I have a spare room in my home set up as an office. Can you insure me for this?
Yes, LV= Frizzell contents policy includes £5,000 cover for any office equipment you may have, like PCs, faxes and printers. This is providing the work you do in your office is just routine paperwork, phone calls and computer work, with no business callers. If you do more than just clerical work at home, please call LV= Frizzell to see if they can offer you a quote.
My son/daughter is thinking of going to university, would their items be covered whilst they are living in student accommodation?
Providing your son/daughter continues to live with you outside term time, LV= Frizzell would still consider them to be permanently living with you and cover would therefore be provided under the contents at university/college section of the contents policy.This provides up to £5,000 worth of cover for loss or damage to contents whilst temporarily removed from the home. Please ensure your contents cover is adequate to cover any contents insured under this section and also, please refer to the full policy wording as restrictions apply.
If you accept the Personal Possession section for the personal effects you take away from the home, cover is automatically provided for student use, so please also refer to this section and call LV= Frizzell if you have any questions or need to specify any item taken away from the home.
What is buildings insurance?
Buildings insurance covers loss or damage to the structure of your home and any outbuildings and private garages that belong to it. This means things like your roof, walls, windows and doors are covered. For full details of LV= Frizzell’s buildings insurance cover, take a look at the policy wording.
What is contents insurance?
Contents insurance covers loss or damage to your household items in your home, generally these are the items you would take with you if you moved, such as beds, sofas, rugs and curtains. For full details of LV= Frizzell’s contents insurance cover, take a look at the policy wording.
Can I have a quote for just buildings insurance or just contents insurance, or do I have to take out both?
Yes, LV= Frizzell can offer you a quote for just buildings insurance or just contents insurance.
Contact LV= Frizzell
To make any amends or to renew your policy call the LV= Frizzell service team on 0845 640 5266
If you need to make a claim, call the LV= Frizzell claims team on 0845 640 5630
Home insurance sales and service lines are open:
8am – 9pm Monday to Friday
8am – 5pm Saturday
9am – 5pm Sunday
The Claims line is open 24 hours a day.
For textphone call 18001 followed by the advertised number.
LV= Frizzell may record and/or monitor your calls for training and audit purposes.
You can also write to LV= Frizzell at the following address:
LV= and Frizzell are registered trade marks of Liverpool Victoria Friendly Society Limited and LV= Frizzell is a trading style of the Liverpool Victoria group of companies. Liverpool Victoria Insurance Company Limited, registered in England and Wales number 3232514 is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority, register number: 202965. Registered address: County Gates, Bournemouth BH1 2NF.
Home emergency cover costs £58 or less when adding this cover to a new buildings and contents policy with LV= Frizzell.
Our Approved Partner’s home emergency cover is an optional extra, and includes:
- Cover for up to £500 towards call out, labour, parts and VAT (exclusions may apply)
- No excess to pay
- Service available 24 hours a day 365 days a year
- Approved tradesmen
Home emergency cover provides for emergencies such as:
- Burst pipes
- Blocked drains and toilets
- Central heating or boiler failure
- Broken or damaged windows, locks or doors
- Loss of keys
- Roofing problems
- Problems with vermin or pests
Plus, an approved repairer will carry out an emergency repair (such as a temporary repair to stop the immediate emergency) or if at a similar expense, a permanent repair will be completed (subject to the £500 limit of cover).
If you have received your renewal pack and wish to discuss a quote including home emergency, please call our Approved Partner, LV= Frizzell on 0800 374028 for a re-quote. For all other enquiries, please call 0800 272 333.