Home Insurance

Buildings and contents insurance cover from £102 from CSMA Club’s approved partner LV= Frizzell*

Get a quote

find out more

Call 0800 272 333



Lines are open Mon-Fri 8am-9pm, Sat 8am-5pm and Sun 9am-5pm (for textphone first dial 18001).  Telephone calls may be monitored and/or recorded

Please note: This page links to an external website. CSMA Club is not responsible for the content of third party websites.

Our terms of business can be found here.

* Based on 10% of new CSMA Club customers who paid £102 or less between December 2013 to February 2014.
ˆ When more than one discount is relevant, each is applied individually.

defaqto 2014 home insurance coverLV= Frizzell home insurance gives CSMA Club members:

  • Up to 10% discount off LV= general public pricesˆ
  • Plus an extra 10% off when you buy buildings and contents cover together^
  • A further discount if you already have car insurance with LV= Frizzellˆ
  • Excellent cover – with a Defaqto 5 Star Defaqto rating
  • £1 million cover for buildings as standard
  • The ability to tailor the amount of contents cover you want up to £150,000
  • 24-hour UK Claims line
  • Repairs by LV= approved suppliers are guaranteed for 12 months
  • Accidental damage for laptops, TVs and games consoles covered as standard
  • Legal advice and identity fraud assistance helplines

Full details of the home insurance benefits can be found in the document of home insurance.

You can also add these options to your cover:

  • Extra accidental damage cover
  • Legal expenses
  • Cover for your personal possessions away from your home
  • Cover for your pedal cycles away from your home
  • Home emergency cover

House Keys

LV= Frizzell offers different levels of cover so that you can choose the level of home insurance cover to suit you.

LV= Frizzell can insure:


Summary of Cover

Buildings InsuranceCover
Buildings £1 million
Loss or damage from:
  • fire
  • water and oil leaks
  • theft and vandalism
  • impact, storm and flood
  • subsidence, heave and landslip
Accidental damage to:
  • windows, fixed glass and sanitary fittings
  • cables, underground pipes and drains
Damage caused by the emergency services to your house and garden  
Loss or damage to your solar panels and wind turbines  
24 hour claim line and 24 hour domestic emergency helpline  
Identity fraud assistance helpline  
Loss of keys  
Alternative accommodation £25,000
Loss or damage to your hedges, trees, shrubs, plants and lawns £1,000
Trace and access to find the source of water and oil leaks £5,000
Property owner's liability £2 million


Contents InsuranceCover
Contents Choose up to £150,000
Loss or damage from:
  • fire
  • water and oil leaks
  • theft and vandalism
  • impact, storm and flood
  • subsidence, heave and landslip
Accidental damage to:
  • TV, video/DVD, music and computer equipment
  • mirrors, glass and ceramic tops
Loss of metered water  
Loss of keys  
24 hour claim line and 24 hour domestic emergency helpline  
Identity fraud assistance helpline  
Cover provided for valuables individually worth £1,500 or less
(Any items worth more than this must be added to your policy)
Theft from your shed, garage or outbuildings  
Loss of frozen food if your freezer breaks down or there's a power cut £500
Loss or theft of money and credit cards from the home £500 per claim
Loss or damage to your garden furniture and other contents in the garden £1,000
Loss or damage to your hedges, trees, shrubs, plants and lawns £1,000
Loss or damage to office equipment at home £5,000
Loss or damage to your downloaded information £1,000
Increased cover for gifts for religious festivals or special events 10% extra cover
Alternative accommodation £25,000
Personal liability £2million
Your liability for domestic employees like a cleaner or a gardener £10million
Title deeds £750
Contents while temporarily removed from your home £5,000
Visitor belongings (not valuables or money) £1,000

This page gives you the information you need to know about LV= Frizzell home insurance.

Document of Home Insurance 

Home Insurance Policy Summary 

Important Information

Home Legal Expenses


Can LV= Frizzell Insure You?

To get a home insurance quote, you will need to make sure that you and your home meet the following conditions:

Eligibility criteria at a glance
The property you wish to insure:

  • is not a mobile home and has its own separate lockable front door
  • is not empty or awaiting sale or derelict or undergoing structural work
  • is in good condition and is built of brick, stone or concrete with a roof of slate, tile, asphalt, metal or concrete
  • is not left unoccupied for more than 60 days in a row
  • is your main domestic residence and is not a second property e.g. a holiday home
  • has not suffered from structural movement, subsidence, landslip or heave
  • is not used for any business purposes (an office at home with no callers is allowed)
  • will not cost more than £1,000,000 to rebuild and its contents will not cost more than £150,000 to replace
  • is not a listed building and has no more than 7 bedrooms
  • is not within a block of flats unless you require contents only cover
  • has not suffered from flooding and is not located in an area which is under either a flood warning or severe flood warning issued by the Environmental Agency

About the occupants:

  • you or anyone residing with you have not had more than 2 claims in the last 36 months
  • you or anyone residing with you have not been convicted of any non motoring criminal offence in the last 5 years

Do I get a discount on my home insurance as a CSMA Club member?

Yes, CSMA Club members can save up to 10% on general public LV= Home insurance prices when you get a quote online or by calling LV= Frizzell's friendly UK call centre on 0800 272 333. 

What is contents insurance? How much do I need to insure my contents for?

Contents insurance covers loss or damage to your household items in your home. Generally these are items that you would take with you if you moved, such as beds, sofas, rugs and curtains.

To work out the total amount of contents cover you need you should add together the value of all your contents plus valuables, pedal cycles and personal possessions. The amount should also reflect how much it would cost to replace all of your items as new. You must make sure that the amount is correct as it may reduce your claim if you fail to do so.


What is buildings insurance? How much do I need to insure my buildings for?

Buildings insurance covers loss or damage to the structure of your home and any outbuildings and private garages that belong to it. This means things like your roof, walls, windows and doors are covered.

For buildings insurance LV= Frizzell offer a limit of cover of £1million; in most cases it takes away the risk of being under insured. You don’t need to worry about providing LV= Frizzell with an actual rebuild value of your home. You only need to let them know if the rebuild cost of your home is more than this amount.


Can I take out a policy for just buildings or contents insurance?

Yes, you can take out a policy for just buildings or contents insurance.


I use a room as an office. Can you insure me for this?

Yes, LV= Frizzell contents policy includes £5,000 cover for any office equipment you may have, like PCs, faxes and printers.

The work you do in your office must be clerical work such as administration and paperwork on behalf of your employer, and there must be no work visitors or employees coming to your home.

If you're running a business from the address or if there is a business registered to your address you will need to call LV= Frizzell to see if they can provide you with a quote.


What is home legal expenses and who does it cover?

Home legal expenses insurance is an optional extra, and is available to you if you take out either buildings and/or contents insurance.

Home legal expenses Insurance is protection for legal claims and disputes up to £100,000 to help you and any family members permanently living with you:

-with unfair dismissal or other employment disputes

-claim compensation if you’re injured and it’s not your fault

-protect your legal rights as a home owner e.g. a boundary dispute

-with a dispute relating to goods owned or services you’ve bought


What does accidental damage cover and how much am I covered for?

Accidental damage is damage caused suddenly by external means which is not expected and not deliberate.

This means any damage caused by an unintentional accident. For example tripping over and breaking something, dropping something or maybe being careless when completing a task in the home.

 LV= Frizzell buildings insurance automatically provides accidental damage cover for cables, underground pipes and drains, plus breakage of fixed glass, like windows, sanitary fittings and ceramic hobs. You can extend your buildings accidental damage cover to cover you for things like putting your foot through the ceiling.

LV= Frizzell contents insurance automatically provides accidental damage cover to home entertainment equipment, and to mirrors and glass or ceramic tops which form part of furniture. You can extend your contents accidental damage cover to cover accidents like spilling a drink on your carpet.


Will my son or daughter’s contents be covered whilst they’re away at college or university?

LV= Frizzell contents insurance provides cover of up to £5,000 for loss or damage to your contents while temporarily kept in any student accommodation or any building in which you or your family study within the British Isles. Exclusions are listed in the home insurance schedule.


Am I covered for damage caused by water leaking?

Contents insurance will cover damage caused to your items, such as sofas and carpets, by a leak from a fixed tank, appliance or pipe.

LV= Frizzell buildings insurance provides cover for damage caused to your home by water leaking, again, from any fixed tank, appliance or pipe. LV= Frizzell will also pay up to £5,000 for the cost of removing and replacing any part of the structure of your home to find and repair the source of a water leak.

Full terms and exclusions are listed in the home insurance schedule.


What does liability cover?

Public liability insurance provides cover for claims from an injured person or damaged property which you are being held responsible for as the owner or occupier of your home. This means LV= Frizzell buildings insurance covers you as the owner of the home for claims such as a tile falling off of your roof and injuring a visitor.

LV= Frizzell contents insurance covers you and your family as the occupiers of the property and would cover for things like a visitor tripping up over a lose rug. Under contents insurance LV= Frizzell also cover you for personal liability for claims such as you accidentally poking someone in the eye with your umbrella when you’re out of the home.

Full terms and exclusions are listed in the home insurance schedule.


What does my policy excess mean and what are my excesses?

An excess is the amount you must pay as the first part of any claim. Your excess may vary depending on the nature of your claim (for example an escape of water claim may have a different excess to an accidental damage claim). Policy excesses are listed on the home insurance schedule.


How do I cover any items that I take away from the home?

You can add them to the personal possessions section of your contents quote, which covers accidental loss or damage to any of your personal belongings (like jewellery items, mobile phones, handbags and tablets).  Your items will be covered anywhere in Europe and up to 60 days worldwide in any one period of insurance.

The minimum level of cover LV= Frizzell provide under personal possessions is £2,500, with no single item worth more than £1,500. If you have a single item worth more than this amount, it needs to be specified on your policy, which can be done when you obtain a quote.


Is my mobile covered on my policy?

LV= Frizzell contents insurance automatically covers your mobile in your home for things like damage caused by a fire or theft. If you need accidental damage cover for your mobile you will need to add extended accidental damage cover to your contents insurance.

To cover your mobile away from the home you will need to add personal possessions cover to your policy.


Would my laptop automatically be covered under contents or do I need to specify it on my policy?

Laptops used in the home are automatically covered by LV= Frizzell contents insurance. If you'd like your laptop to be covered away from the home, you will need to add personal possessions to your policy.


Will I need to have certain types of locks or an alarm on my home?

If LV= Frizzell needs there to be a minimum level of security installed at your home they will notify you of this when you're getting a quote. You will also find this information on the home insurance schedule.


What do I need to do about outstanding payments?

If there are any outstanding payments on your Direct Debits you will need to call LV= Frizzell on 0845 640 5620 to make a payment.


To make any amends or to renew your policy call the LV= Frizzell service team on 0845 640 5266



If you need to make a claim, call the LV= Frizzell claims team on 0845 640 5630


Opening hours

Home insurance sales and service lines are open:

8am – 9pm Monday to Friday
8am – 5pm Saturday
9am – 5pm Sunday

The Claims line is open 24 hours a day.

For textphone call 18001 followed by the advertised number.

LV= Frizzell may record and/or monitor your calls for training and audit purposes.

You can also write to LV= Frizzell at the following address:

LV= Frizzell
County Gates

LV= and Frizzell are registered trade marks of Liverpool Victoria Friendly Society Limited and LV= Frizzell is a trading style of the Liverpool Victoria group of companies. Liverpool Victoria Insurance Company Limited, registered in England and Wales number 3232514 is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority, register number: 202965. Registered address: County Gates, Bournemouth BH1 2NF.

Home Emergency serviceHome emergency cover costs £58 or less when adding this cover to a new buildings and contents policy with LV= Frizzell.

Our Approved Partner’s home emergency cover is an optional extra, and includes:

  • Cover for up to £500 towards call out, labour, parts and VAT (exclusions may apply)
  • No excess to pay
  • Service available 24 hours a day 365 days a year
  • Approved tradesmen

Home emergency cover provides for emergencies such as:

  • Burst pipes
  • Blocked drains and toilets
  • Central heating or boiler failure
  • Broken or damaged windows, locks or doors
  • Loss of keys
  • Roofing problems
  • Problems with vermin or pests

Plus, an approved repairer will carry out an emergency repair (such as a temporary repair to stop the immediate emergency) or if at a similar expense, a permanent repair will be completed (subject to the £500 limit of cover).

If you have received your renewal pack and wish to discuss a quote including home emergency, please call our Approved Partner, LV= Frizzell on 0800 374028 for a re-quote. For all other enquiries, please call 0800 272 333.

Click here